The Relationship Question
My ex and I broke up on very ambiguous terms. A few weeks after our breakup we kept up a friends with benefits relationship. We would also hang out on a daily basis, just hanging out, no sex. He eventually put a stop to the sex saying it felt too weird. I recently decided to write him a letter confessing my feelings. He initially acted very loving and even hugged me, the first time since the break up but, after asking him to a party, he’s started avoiding me. I don’t know what’s going on.
The Relationship Advice
Thank you for sharing your situation. It’s hard to go through a break up, especially if it’s unclear what’s going on. You get to decide what kind of relationship you want and how you want to be treated. You might ask yourself a few questions to clarify what you want to do, such as:
- What kind of relationship do I want?
- How do I know I’m in a relationship?
- How do I want the other person to behave?
- How do I want to be treated?
- What do I deserve in a relationship?
- What’s worked so far, what hasn’t and what might I do differently in the future?
- What am I doing to make sure I’m the healthiest and most balanced me possible without a significant other?
Ask yourself some questions like these and you’ll eventually figure out what’s best for you. You might also consider trying to talk with him. Ask him questions and listen to his answers without reacting, just listen to what he says. Also pay attention to his behavior, it’s sending you messages as well.
Remember that you deserve to be in a relationship with someone who is willing to be with you exclusively, communicate openly and treat you wonderfully. You’re worth it.